Saturday, August 15, 2009

DESTINY

Flashed identities to begin
Borrowed hopes to fulfill
Rehearsed memories to visit
I am just a silent bird


Treading past dreams
Pushing their theories
Condemning all identities
I do not reveal


Followed rhythms to play
Golden paths in the making
Travelled by and large
My beats lie elsewhere


Resting on broken shells
Relying on shadowed existence
The drill continues
I go on


Fighting thy demons
Rewriting the melodies
Tapping my own tune
I am all set to roar

5 comments:

Stuti said...

This is beautiful Ankita! I love the "rehearsed memories to visit" bit!

Snobster said...

It has some reference to me..at a point..isn't it??
I love the way you've made it abrupt the certain parts while saying the most.That's the beauty of your poetry.
Beautiful.

dhruv said...

i love the oxymoronish :P touch to it, umm, i dont knw how to explain.. :S "The drill continues
I go on" amazing..!

Anonymous said...

it's really written beautifully!

Unknown said...

this is you .you define it cmpletely,those one liners r all set to b quoted.positive wibes ,after those (dark thoughts )are refreshing.